Scientist: Biochemical Engineering and Stem Cell Biology
Primorigen Biosciences Inc., a dynamic Madison, WI-based stem cell research products company is seeking a qualified senior scientist with a biochemical engineering and stem cell biology background to develop innovative products for human induced pluripotent stem cell (hiPSC) culturing, differentiation production and high throughput screening. Prior industry product development experience is preferred; familiarity with iPSC-derived assays is a plus.
The successful candidate will be part of an active, multidisciplinary group and expected to excel as a Principal Investigator, provide high level technical and project leadership, and play an active role in identifying and validating new product opportunities in the stem cell culturing, differentiation, production and high-throughput screening industry segments. Additional responsibilities include providing support for production and QA/QC of Primorigen’s stem cell matrices, cell differentiation media, and other products.
Applicants should possess excellent record-keeping, computer, and communication skills with a strong attention to detail, and the ability to take and give direction, and advise senior management in a fast paced environment with aggressive timelines. Primorigen offers an entrepreneurial environment with excellent opportunities for leadership and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to the following):
- Independently plan, conduct, and analyze results of experiments.
- Lead the technical development of products that meet or exceed established design goals.
- Conceive and write grant proposals (NIH, DOD), including detailed budgets, to support development of projects.
- Contribute to technical decisions affecting product development issues.
- Prepare reports providing the interpretation, analysis and summary of experimental results.
- Ph.D. in Biological Engineering or Life Sciences disciplines with direct experience in hiPSC culturing and differentiation preferable.
- Previous industry experience preferred.
- Ability to drive projects to completion on time and on budget.
- Demonstrated creativity in technology/product development responsive to customer needs.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong verbal and written communication and effective presentation skills.
Submit your Resume now!
Stem Cell Technician
Primorigen Biosciences, Inc., a dynamic Madison, WI-based stem cell research products company, seeks a stem cell and clean room technician to support research, development and production of Primorigen’s products. The ideal applicant will be highly driven with strong attention to detail, ability to take and follow direction, and skilled in sterile technique, controlled environment operations, and compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPs). Previous human induced pluripotent stem cell (hiPSC) culturing is required.
Immediate Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to the following):
- Regular and recurring maintenance (feeding, passaging, analysis) and expansion/scale-up of cell lines
- Completion of day to day experiments according to established protocols under supervision.
- Routine cleaning, sterilizing, stocking and general maintenance of clean room, biological manufacturing suite, and other laboratory facilities as needed
- Ordering, preparing, sterilizing and maintaining stocks of cell culture media and sterile disposables.
- General support of Primorigen’s scientific teams
- Excellent, thorough and complete documentation of data related records.
- Functional QC of Primorigen’s research products.
- Mandatory 2+ years experience with routine hands-on cell culturing, passaging, and maintenance of multiple human iPSC lines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of hiPSC differentiation towards mesoderm, endoderm, and/or ectoderm lineages.
- A Bachelor’s degree in scientific discipline or equivalent work experience in the above identified areas.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a flexible, dynamic work environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Positive attitude and self-starting work practice
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Able to work in laboratory hood for extended periods of time.
- Able to safely work with hazardous materials (i.e. chemicals, equipment and human tissue).
- Able to wear laboratory PPE including respirator
- Able to occasionally life up to 50 pounds.
Submit your Resume now!