Primorigen Biosciences strives to promote a work environment of growth, opportunity and collegial interaction for its employees, consultants, and collaborators. Primorigen is headquartered in state-of-the-art facilities in Madison, WI, a city that has been ranked in the top 10 best cities in the U.S. We welcome applications and inquiries from creative, growth-oriented science and business professionals with all levels of experience.
Stem Cell Research Specialist
Primorigen Biosciences, Inc., a Madison, WI-based stem cell research products company, seeks an entry-level stem cell and clean room research specialist to support research, development and production of Primorigen’s stem cell research products. The ideal applicant will have strong attention to detail, ability to take and follow direction, and be highly driven. Experience in sterile technique, operating in controlled environments, and compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPs) is preferred. Mammalian cell culture and experience with aseptic techniques are required, and previous pluripotent stem cell (PSC) or mesenchymal stem cell (MSC) experience is preferred.
- Daily and weekly routine cleaning, sterilizing, stocking, and maintenance of stem cell clean room, biological manufacturing suite, and other laboratory facilities.
- Ordering, preparing, and maintaining stocks of stem cell media and sterile disposables.
- Successfully complete Primorigen’s stem cell training in preparation for expanded responsibilities.
- General support of Primorigen Scientists.
- Apply excellent documentation practices when recording data and completing records.
- Functional Quality Control testing of Primorigen’s stem cell culturing substrates.
- Regular and recurring maintenance of stem cell and other cell cultures; differentiation and expansion of stem cell lines to support R&D and product development.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in relevant scientific discipline.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to frequently work weekends (Saturday and Sunday), and holidays.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a flexible, dynamic work environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive attitude and self-starting work practice.
- Able to work in laboratory hood for extended periods of time.
- Able to wear laboratory and clean room PPE (e.g. gloves & Tyvek suits) for extended periods of time.
- Able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
Submit your Resume now!